The 11th World Kite Championships Regulation
Article 1: Definition
The name of the organization is INTERNATIONAL KITE FEDERATION, IKF for short.
Article 2: Character
The IKF is an international non-profit and non-governmental body with member associations and bodies coming from different countries and regions.
Article 3: Headquarters and Secretariat
The headquarters and secretariat of the IKF are located in Weifang City, China and the latter is its administrative agency.
Ranking and Awarding
(1) The competitive event competition
① Kite Fighting The first prize and second prize shall be awarded to the 1st and 2nd places while the two third prizes shall be shared by the 3rd and 4th places.
② Sport Kite Compulsory (Team) Top 3 winning teams shall be awarded.
③Sport Kite Ballet(Team) Top 3 winning teams shall be awarded.
(2) Traditional Kite Exhibition: Souvenirs shall be awarded.
entry form Download
The Promotion and Development of Sport Kite Competition’s within the Asian region
With the current increased interest all over the world with kites of all different forms, and the use of kites in many promotion’s in various forms of media, and corporate marketing via commercial’s. How do we as the International Kite Federation (IKF), with such opportunities available harness this exposure of our sport to benefit a broader interest base, which then attracts a greater level of active participants within sport kiting…?
1. Hosted by State general administration of sports International Kite Federation、The International Kite Federation、China Kite Association、 Weifang Municipal Government
2. Organized by Weifang International Kite Festival Office
3. Timing April 17 to 21, 2015
4. Place Fuyanshan International Kite Flying Field Weifang City, Shandong, P.R.C.
5. Competition Events (1) Competitive Kite Competition ① Kite Fighting ② Dual Line Sport Kite Compulsory (Team) ③Dual Line Sport Kite Ballet(Team) ④Innovative Kite ⑤Best Traditional Kite (2) Traditional Kite Exhibition ① Longest Kite ②Largest Kite ③Best Inflatable Kite without Bones ④Best Overall Performance
6. Method of Participation
(1) Kite organizations and clubs as well as individuals from all over the world are entitled to send teams to participate and each team shall be composed of a maximum of 4 people.